CEDIA wants to help connect your home technology business with qualified candidates. Members and non-members can submit job openings for posting online.
Members - FREE
Non-members - £150
To add a vacancy click the link below; your post will be verified by a CEDIA staff member before it goes live on the site.
Whether you are new to the industry or a veteran with years of experience CEDIA can help you in your job search. CEDIA offers a listing service to its members detailing individuals who would like to either join the industry or change jobs within the industry. To submit your CV, please click here.
Post a new job advert
Technical AV Project ManagerPosted on 22nd March, 2018
London AV Solutions are currently recruiting for a AV Technical Designer to join our successful Audio-Visual Company specialising in high-end Residential Projects, based at our offices in Godalming.
We are a family business with the admin and sales team located in Godalming, and an engineering team working predominantly in Central London. We are set to launch a similar setup in Surrey in April 2018.
Knowledge, skills and Personal Qualities Required
- Industry specific knowledge is required, a minimum of 3yrs in a similar role specialising in Residential AV installations;
- Knowledge of Crestron and Control4 is required
- Either Microsoft Visio or AutoCAD experience is necessary. You must be able to create wiring schematics, connection drawings and indicative elevations showing our equipment;
- Networking skills are necessary to be able to create and define IP tables for each project and maintain these during the project;
- A strong communicator – verbal and written communication must be of a high standard ensuring that the companies brand is represented correctly at all times;
- To be able to multi-task effectively and ensure that all tasks for all projects are continuously monitored and the relevant information is passed between parties to conclude any outstanding issues.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with a wide range of people across all levels.
- To have a keen interest and knowledge of the industry, continuously striving to learn more and stay in touch with new trends and technologies.
- To takeover a secured project from the Sales Team, to understand the brief and the system which has been sold to the client fully;
- To understand each component which has been specified regarding its role and purpose within the installation;
- To understand limitations of each piece of equipment to ensure that the system design is correct, to raise any concerns with the sales team during the design process to ensure the correct equipment is procured;
- To create a design pack for every project with information required by 3rd parties such as builders/electricians and our own engineers. This will include AV plans, wiring schematics, cable schedule, elevations and connection drawings;
- To maintain these documents throughout the project and ensure upon completion a complete record is issued as part of the O&M manual;
- To be responsible for ensuring the design pack is always kept up to date and any changes are recorded accurately and distributed to those involved in the project.
- To keep up to date with new products and technologies by establishing regular contact with suppliers and distributors.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, Visio or AutoCAD
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Full driving license
Hours & Benefits
Find out more...
- Full time position, Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm less 1hr unpaid lunch break;
- Salary Range - £35k-£45k dependent upon experience including benefit package
Junior EngineerPosted on 22nd March, 2018
Join one of the UK’s leading AV and Home Cinema Installers!
We are an established and renown AV/Home Automation/Home Cinema company based in Tenterden, working hard on some of the most exciting and prestigious installations in the UK. We have a strong reputation for the excellent standard of our engineering and for the care we take with our team.
- We’re looking for a Junior Engineer, to join our field based team
- We offer a company van, tools and ongoing training and development opportunities
- We provide company healthcare and social events for our team
- Pay will be commensurate with skills and experience.
- We are looking for a candidate with a strong work ethic, natural problem solving abilities and a can-do-attitude! Our team is everything and we are looking for someone with the skills, ability and the sense of humour and camaraderie to fit in
- Most of our installation work is within London and the South East, but we do have projects further afield within the UK (and indeed the world)! The candidate should be happy to work mostly in the field with a senior engineer and with regular office based days, back at base
- Our installations are completed during the working week, but there may be the need to cover our service and support, out of hours
- The candidate should have a full UK driving license
- We would like the applicant to have had experience in the construction industry and a willingness to learn from the best in our field
- Installation work, including 1st and 2nd fix, and commissioning
- Rack building
- Cable termination and testing
- Assisting senior engineer
If you think you are the right fit for our team, if you have a willingness to work hard and a passion to learn from the best engineers in the industry, please send your CV to Karin@Imaginethis.uk.com
Find out more...
Technical Sales Support ExecutivePosted on 13th March, 2018
AWE is one of the CI/AV industry’s most dynamic and awarded companies. If you have knowledge of consumer electronics and a spark for top customer service, apply to come and join the team!
We are growing and looking for a strong communicator to work alongside our internal sales & technical team, providing tier 1 technical support to our trade customer base.
With a mixture of top tier TV brands sitting alongside other leading audio visual and more specialist installation oriented brands including Denon, HEOS, KEF, Marantz, QMotion & URC, the successful candidate will need to develop and maintain a strong knowledge of product features and operation.
We strive to provide the best possible customer advice, so ongoing specific product training will be provided and you will be liaising with and supported by the wider team.
Salary: Dependent on experience - Contact for further details
Contact: Please email in confidence with your C.V. to Chief Technical Officer Mal Fisher email@example.com
Find out more...
Senior Sales ExecutivePosted on 7th March, 2018
We are actively seeking a Senior Sales Executive with experience and established links to the prime residential market through contractors, designers and consultants. With 25 years experience in the AV industry, our established team has a wealth of knowledge in this market and an enviable reputation for the highest standards of work in extraordinary properties. AV experience is not a pre-requisite as routes to business and the ability to unlock doors through relationships is of foremost importance.
The role requires someone confident and outgoing, organised and ambitious, someone who sees a long-term future within an exciting, forward thinking company. Many of our staff joined us as trainees and now sit in senior positions, even on the Board of Directors and we place no restriction on where the right candidates ambition may take them.
If you feel that a role in an exciting industry working alongside a young, highly skilled team where your success determines your future is of interest, please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch.
Find out more...
Service EngineerPosted on 23rd February, 2018
Cornflake has built an outstanding reputation for the supply of high quality audio visual products into the high end residential sector. Predominantly this market is in the greater London area.
Over this period Cornflake has established a first-class service capability. Providing its clients with a bespoke ‘Concierge’ capability. This capability meets the various needs of Cornflake diverse, but ever demanding clients.
The Concierge capability is growing rapidly and Cornflake now needs to add a service engineer to the Service team
Working as part of the overall Cornflake service team, the purpose of this role is to ensure Cornflake clients receive first class service support at all times. The responsibility starts once a project has been handed over from operations.
Aim of the Job
- Ensure all Cornflake clients receive a first class service experience
- Diagnose and resolve client issues, both on site and remotely
- Using the Cornflake Service workflow package, manage Cornflake Client requirements
- Respond in a timely manner to Client tickets allocated
- Work through a service process, using both internal and external resources to establish a clients issue, a plan for resolution
- Own the process to resolution for allocated clients
- Establish additional opportunities for Cornflake solutions with the clients
- Maintain and keep up to date the Cornflake workflow package on all client interactions
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Cornflake market
- Experience of large scale residential AV environments
- Experience of working with the Cornflake client demographic
- Proven ‘Service process’ skills
- Strong client management capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- To be able to prioritise, and ability to meet tight deadlines often under pressure
- Experience with Out of Hours/On-Call Rota Schemes
- Experience of Windows, Mac, iOS & Android operating systems
- Preferred experience as both Installation & Service Engineer
- Preferred experience with the following Systems/Manufacturers:
- Lutron Lighting & Shading
- Satellite & Aerial
- HDBaseT & IP Based Video Distribution
- Home Cinema
- IP CCTV
- IP Based Phone Systems
- IP Based Door Entry & Access Control
- BMS Systems
- Integration to Fire & Security Systems
- Central London location – Fitzrovia
- Regular social events & team building
- Opportunity for growth as part of a dynamically expanding team
- Access to the best show room in London with Dolby Atmos Cinema
- 23 Days annual leave
- Free coffee
- Market Leader in custom integration – access to cutting edge technology daily and world class knowledge banks
Please send applications and CVs to email@example.com, or call 020 7323 585.
Find out more...
AV InstallerPosted on 19th February, 2018
We are looking for an experienced Audio Visual Installer to join our team
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years experience of residential integration projects and have good communication skills
Salary is negotiable subject to experience.
The Audio Visual Installer will manage audio visual residential and commercial integration projects.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience of Crestron, Control4, Lutron
- Installation of AV hardware and rack building
- Knowledge of IT and networks
- Self starter with the ability to work alone or part of a team
- At least 3 years of residential integration installation experience
- Experience in configuring programming and troubleshooting Audio Visual Control Systems
- Experience of MS Office including Visio
- Systematic and thorough approach to work
- Installing audio visual equipment including flat panel displays, speakers, matrices, video over IP and control systems
- Must have recent hands on experience with racking, terminating cables and connecting components as required by drawings and design
- Must have knowledge of system commissioning
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with the client, other contractors and your team
- Ability to read drawings and install equipment to specifications required.
Almost all our work is in London so a realistic commute to the office in Kensington is important
Please send applications and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more...
AV Systems DesignerPosted on 29th January, 2018
Operating from our head office by the Thames in Central London, Environ have operated for 16 years in 3 sectors that cover all angles of technology within the built environment: custom home technology, electrical services and building management control systems.
The construction industry is evolving. More and more construction projects have technology and electrical services at their heart. The careful consideration of which technology suits which project is more important to the success of building programmes than ever before. Environ have been assisting private clients, residential developers and industry professionals with their building technology needs and continue to lead the industry in terms of intuitive control, reliability and after care.
- Working closely with Directors and Design Manager to take responsibility for the system design and specification, including drawings and technical documentation throughout the whole life cycle of the project.
- Support the Sales & Marketing Teams in generating Concept Plans and proposals to prospective clients, including attending pre contract sales interviews where relevant to provide technical back up to substantiate our designs.
- Research and development in order to remain at the leading edge with in our fast-moving industry. Keep up with new product announcements and emerging technologies relevant to our industry, then reporting on ways to incorporate these cutting edge developments into our solutions.
- Creation and updating of pricing documents and proposals
- Project coordination with onsite teams, both internal and externally, over the life cycle of the project to ensure any changes to specification are reviewed and incorporated into the system design and reported to management.
Please send applications to email@example.com
Find out more...