CEDIA wants to help connect your home technology business with qualified candidates. Members and non-members can submit job openings for posting online.
Members - FREE
Non-members - £150
To add a vacancy click the link below; your post will be verified by a CEDIA staff member before it goes live on the site.
Whether you are new to the industry or a veteran with years of experience CEDIA can help you in your job search. CEDIA offers a listing service to its members detailing individuals who would like to either join the industry or change jobs within the industry. To submit your CV, please click here.
Post a new job advert
Residential Technology Installation EngineerPosted on 20th June, 2017
Cre8tive Rooms are a fast growing Residential Technology Company, offering a broad range of services from Home Automation to Home Cinema to Golf and Sports Simulators.
We have two offices – one in Guildford Surrey and the other in Twyford Berkshire. Our Twyford operation is focused on providing Residential Technology for the clients of leading interior designer - Alexander James (aji.co.uk).
We are looking to recruit an Installation Engineer to work out of our Twyford and Guildford Offices. This is a client facing role and the majority of the time will be spent on client site.
The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, willing to learn and have:
- Understanding of network configuration
- Understanding of AV distribution
- Understanding of control principles
- Programming either Control4 / Savant
- CEDIA EST qualification
- Cable termination skills
- Some experience with Home Cinema, Lighting Control and CCTV
The candidate will be provided with training and skills development. There will be an element of UK travel with the job. They will be part of a dynamic team focused on delivering and constructing everything to do with Residential Technology.
Salary is negotiable for the right candidate who is willing to join this dynamic team! Please email your CV to Nicks@cre8tiverooms.com and we will be in touch!
Find out more...
Head of OperationsPosted on 12th June, 2017
Hausba Smarthomes Limited is a professional solution integration brand that believes in transforming lifestyles using custom home technology solutions. We provide solutions in Home Automation, Smart Lighting, Interactive Security, dedicated Home Cinema, etc. This role is located in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Operations Manager‘s responsibility is to ensure that projects are delivered on time, on budget and to the required level of quality and functionality. They are responsible for realized revenue by managing the logistics of the organization, preparing budgets and inventories, and overseeing the supervision of employees. Client satisfaction is a major accountability of the Operations Manager.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the master project plan showing all open projects with time plans and milestones.
- Provide planning direction, and coordination for all project activities while achieving optimum use of personnel, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time, to budget, to specification and to company standards.
- Directly oversee a small number of significant projects requiring a high level of communications and coordination.
- Manage the personnel resources of the operations team including performance reviews and future resources planning.
- Ensure that all projects undergo a kickoff design review and ongoing operational reviews with the senior project team present at both.
- Ensure that project communications are handled in an efficient and expedient manner by all Operations staff.
- Mentor and supervise the Project Managers and installation teams including helping subordinates to set their goals and objectives twice every year.
- Work with Technical Director to research, suggest, develop and implement new technical strategies.
- Attend site as required to ensure that customer expectations are being managed.
- Work in conjunction with Technical Director to specify and indicate ways of strategy improvement and implementation.
- Proactively manage and communicate with clients to ensure high level of Customer Satisfaction.
- Prepare and control department budget, forecast operation costs, and direct preparation of budget requests and resources allocation.
- Ensure compliance of company policies, procedures, and objectives within the Operations team.
- Accountable for ensuring the agreed annual realized revenue (target) is achieved.
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of all aftercare and maintenance programs.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Showroom is fit for purpose.
- Strong and current awareness of external trends and best practices.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Good experience with been responsible for numerous successful projects (delivered on time, meeting client requirements, with high team satisfaction), including some complex projects, and projects involving several project staff and clients
- Outstanding record of project management success, both in results achieved and in use of professional methodology.
- Pro-active in developing and implementing strategies that significantly mitigate risk.
- Knowledge of computers and database/spreadsheet/ word processing software.
- Excellent communications (including written and oral presentation skills) and leadership skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to take responsibility and function under minimal supervision.
- A relevant qualification in project management and Prince 2 certification
- Minimum 5 years of increasingly responsible experience, with at least four years of managing increasingly complex projects in a technical environment.
- Extensive experience in the AV Industry
- Experience in the development and management of projects.
- Specialist Certification in a relevant field
- PMP and CTS certifications required
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more...
Custom Install EngineerPosted on 8th June, 2017
Established for over 20 years we are an award winning custom installation company located in Leeds. Our team work locally and nationally on high end residential projects. As an organisation we are passionate about the AV industry making sure our business, staff and clients are up to date with the latest technology releases. We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, motivated individual to join our team as a Custom Install Engineer.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 2 year’s experience working within the AV / CI industry with a good working knowledge of residential AV including Home Cinema, Home Automation, Multi Room AV, Scene Lighting, Networking, CCTV and Access Control. Control4 experience beneficial but not essential, full dealer training will be provided.
Responsibilities: As a Custom Install Engineer you will be an integral part of the team delivering full turnkey projects to the highest of standards. Installing at first and second fix level in the constructing of cinema rooms, systems infrastructure and CCTV Security systems. Installing Control4 home automation and lighting systems. Rack building Site head end termination. Data and Telecom networks installation, integration, testing and commissioning Fault finding
Salary: Salary and package will be based on level of experience.
As an employee you will be given regular progress reviews and there will be opportunities to further your career to higher level within our organisation. Please email your CV and cover letter to Melanie Malcolm at Bespoke Home Cinemas email@example.com
Find out more...
Audio Visual / Automation / Security Installer Posted on 17th May, 2017
Liquid Automation Ltd, New Zealand
Liquid Automation are an award winning CEDIA member company based in Auckland, New Zealand who specialise in the residential and marine markets. We are looking for an experienced AV technician to join a dedicated team that prides itself on being able to deliver the best that the industry has to offer.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills and a flair for organisation. We are looking for an individual who will want to excel, develop their professional skills and contribute to the development of a rapidly growing business. The successful applicant will share our passion for technology and a desire to be at the forefront of a cutting-edge and innovative industry.
If you are thinking of moving to New Zealand, we would love to hear from you!
- Candidate will need to gain an appropriate visa to work in New Zealand. If you qualify for the role then we can help with this process.
- Must have a current drivers licence
- At least 3 years of field experience installing an array of Lighting Control, Multi-Room AV, Home Cinema, CCTV & Security, Access Control, IT & Telecoms products, HDMI Matrix systems, especially Creston's 4K Digital media switch an advantage.
- Ability to demonstrate skills and experience in the above products.
- Excellent fault finding skills.
- Experience with and able to demonstrate knowledge of communication protocols; IP, RS232 and RS485.
- You will need to be computer literate and fully capable of using MS Office, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Some of our work is overseas (Australia and Fiji mainly). Being available to work overseas would be a benefit.
- Have excellent soldering, crimping and compression fit termination skills.
- To be able to work from and prepare drawings, cable schedules, terminating sheets and work from site plans.
- Candidates should be fluent communicators, personable and comfortable liaising with a range of people from architects to project managers to high-net-worth clientele.
- Experience implementing wireless networks, configuring routers/managing switches for DHCP, Subnets and Static IP address an advantage.
- Experience with Crestron, Lutron, Savant, RTI an advantage.
- Be motivated, dependable and reliable with a strong team player attitude.
An element of research and development is also a key factor in order to remain current in a fast-moving industry.
You will need to keep up with new product announcements and emerging technologies relevant to our industry, and look at ways to incorporate these cutting edge developments into our solutions.
Send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more...
AV & Automation Systems Junior Engineer Posted on 4th May, 2017
AV & Automation Systems Junior Engineer Doneo Co Ltd. based in Malta, is a leading importer / distributor and integrator of high quality Audio Visual and Automation products – Bose, Crestron, Lutron, NEC, Philips, Onkyo, amongst many others brands. Position Summary Doneo Company Limited, seeks a junior engineer to join its expanding Pro AV & Integration division. The successful candidate will work closely with the head engineer to assist in the design, installation, commissioning, documentation and maintenance of business music systems, PA systems, digital signage, corporate display & presentation systems, automation / control systems, Home Cinema and intelligent lighting systems.
While training is available, the ideal /preferred candidate would possess the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Provide technical direction to project installation teams
- Proficient with test and calibration equipment (AV & IP)
- Proficient in uploading and downloading software in embedded systems
- Proficient in basic programming of Crestron or similar systems (as a basis for further training)
- Have experience with intelligent lighting systems, preferably Lutron
- Have an understanding of Pro Audio
- Able to diagnose and test complex system problems
- Able to demonstrate advanced network and computer skills
- Create and interpret A/V systems drawings and specifications
- Proficient in AutoCAD and / or Star Draw or similar drawing software
- Perform commissioning and acceptance testing & documentation
- Must have a clean driving record and pass background check
- Fluent in English Language (Speaking and Writing)
- Perform work in difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift
Remuneration Depends on experience and level of education / training / certifications.
Find out more...