This code of ethics is designed to ensure quality of service, responsiveness, responsible business practices, proper legal and ethical conduct, and overall excellence.
Each member of CEDIA shall agree to adhere to the following:
- Provide to all persons truthful and accurate information with respect to the professional performance of duties.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal conduct to bring credit to the custom electronic and design industry.
- Promote and encourage the highest level of ethics within the profession.
- Recognise and discharge by responsibility, to uphold all laws and regulations relating to CEDIA policies and activities.
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of the industry.
- Use only legal and ethical means in all industry activities.
- Protect the public against fraud and unfair practices and attempt to eliminate from CEDIA all practices which bring discredit to the profession.
- Use written contracts clearly stating all charges, services, products and other essential information. To the extent that the customer does not own the software codes for all programming implemented by the member, contracts should address the parties' rights and responsibilities as to such codes.
- Demonstrate respect for every professional within the industry by clearly stating and consistently performing at or above the standards acceptable to the industry.
- Make a commitment to increase professional growth and knowledge by attending educational programs recommended, but not limited to, those prescribed by CEDIA.
- Contribute knowledge to professional meetings and journals to raise the consciousness of the industry.
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and any other responsibilities.
- When providing services or products, maintain in full force adequate or appropriate insurance.
- Cooperate with professional colleagues, suppliers and employees to provide the highest quality service.
- Extend these same professional commitments to all those persons supervised or employed.
- Subscribe to CEDIA's Principles of Conduct and Ethics and abide by the CEDIA Bylaws.
CEDIA Conduct and Ethics Grievances
CEDIA members adhere to a code of ethics designed to ensure quality of service, responsiveness, responsible business practices, proper legal and ethical conduct, and overall excellence.
Any complaint against a CEDIA member, shall be initiated by the filing of a complaint in writing and submitted to CEDIA EMEA Headquarters to the attention of the CEDIA UK Executive Director. Please send your complaint by email to email@example.com, or by post to the address above.