CEDIA wants to help connect your home technology business with qualified candidates. Members and non-members can submit job openings for posting online.
Members - FREE
Non-members - £150
To add a vacancy click the link below; your post will be verified by a CEDIA staff member before it goes live on the site.
Whether you are new to the industry or a veteran with years of experience CEDIA can help you in your job search. CEDIA offers a listing service to its members detailing individuals who would like to either join the industry or change jobs within the industry. To submit your CV, please click here.
Post a new job advert
AV & Smart Home EngineerPosted on 27th June, 2017
We’re looking for a bright, enthusiastic engineer to join our team. We’d like someone who loves all things smart home, who takes pride in their work, is presentable and polite. You will be responsible for the installation, commissioning and maintenance of a variety of smart home and AV systems – Sonos, on-wall TVs, video distribution, AV racks, Control4, Lutron, Nest, Amazon Alexa, CCTV etc. Whilst you’ll be working under our installation manager, you will need to be a self-starter that can manage the day-to-day on site, as well as mentor a more junior installer. You need the confidence to solve problems on your own, and the ability to engage with clients and contractors on site. Some experience is essential and you’ll need a full driving licence and to live a comfortable travelling distance from London N7.
You will be responsible for:
- Testing and terminating of cables, installation of head-ends and AV racks.
- Installation and setup of on-wall TVs, audio systems, lighting control, smart home, control systems, CCTV, basic networking.
- Day-today decision making during site installation.
- Mentoring a more junior installer.
- Keeping our installation manager up to date with progress etc.
- Ad-hoc callouts, problem solving.
We can offer:
- We’re a small, growing company, so you’ll be very involved in all projects and invested in the work we do.
- A junior engineer to mentor.
- Mobile phone, laptop, vehicle, discounts on kit.
- Lots to learn on-the-job, plus appropriate training where needed.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV to Joel – email@example.com
Find out more...
Residential Technology Installation EngineerPosted on 20th June, 2017
Cre8tive Rooms are a fast growing Residential Technology Company, offering a broad range of services from Home Automation to Home Cinema to Golf and Sports Simulators.
We have two offices – one in Guildford Surrey and the other in Twyford Berkshire. Our Twyford operation is focused on providing Residential Technology for the clients of leading interior designer - Alexander James (aji.co.uk).
We are looking to recruit an Installation Engineer to work out of our Twyford and Guildford Offices. This is a client facing role and the majority of the time will be spent on client site.
The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, willing to learn and have:
- Understanding of network configuration
- Understanding of AV distribution
- Understanding of control principles
- Programming either Control4 / Savant
- CEDIA EST qualification
- Cable termination skills
- Some experience with Home Cinema, Lighting Control and CCTV
The candidate will be provided with training and skills development. There will be an element of UK travel with the job. They will be part of a dynamic team focused on delivering and constructing everything to do with Residential Technology.
Salary is negotiable for the right candidate who is willing to join this dynamic team! Please email your CV to Nicks@cre8tiverooms.com and we will be in touch!
Find out more...
Head of OperationsPosted on 12th June, 2017
Hausba Smarthomes Limited is a professional solution integration brand that believes in transforming lifestyles using custom home technology solutions. We provide solutions in Home Automation, Smart Lighting, Interactive Security, dedicated Home Cinema, etc. This role is located in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Operations Manager‘s responsibility is to ensure that projects are delivered on time, on budget and to the required level of quality and functionality. They are responsible for realized revenue by managing the logistics of the organization, preparing budgets and inventories, and overseeing the supervision of employees. Client satisfaction is a major accountability of the Operations Manager.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the master project plan showing all open projects with time plans and milestones.
- Provide planning direction, and coordination for all project activities while achieving optimum use of personnel, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time, to budget, to specification and to company standards.
- Directly oversee a small number of significant projects requiring a high level of communications and coordination.
- Manage the personnel resources of the operations team including performance reviews and future resources planning.
- Ensure that all projects undergo a kickoff design review and ongoing operational reviews with the senior project team present at both.
- Ensure that project communications are handled in an efficient and expedient manner by all Operations staff.
- Mentor and supervise the Project Managers and installation teams including helping subordinates to set their goals and objectives twice every year.
- Work with Technical Director to research, suggest, develop and implement new technical strategies.
- Attend site as required to ensure that customer expectations are being managed.
- Work in conjunction with Technical Director to specify and indicate ways of strategy improvement and implementation.
- Proactively manage and communicate with clients to ensure high level of Customer Satisfaction.
- Prepare and control department budget, forecast operation costs, and direct preparation of budget requests and resources allocation.
- Ensure compliance of company policies, procedures, and objectives within the Operations team.
- Accountable for ensuring the agreed annual realized revenue (target) is achieved.
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of all aftercare and maintenance programs.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Showroom is fit for purpose.
- Strong and current awareness of external trends and best practices.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Good experience with been responsible for numerous successful projects (delivered on time, meeting client requirements, with high team satisfaction), including some complex projects, and projects involving several project staff and clients
- Outstanding record of project management success, both in results achieved and in use of professional methodology.
- Pro-active in developing and implementing strategies that significantly mitigate risk.
- Knowledge of computers and database/spreadsheet/ word processing software.
- Excellent communications (including written and oral presentation skills) and leadership skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to take responsibility and function under minimal supervision.
- A relevant qualification in project management and Prince 2 certification
- Minimum 5 years of increasingly responsible experience, with at least four years of managing increasingly complex projects in a technical environment.
- Extensive experience in the AV Industry
- Experience in the development and management of projects.
- Specialist Certification in a relevant field
- PMP and CTS certifications required
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more...
Custom Install EngineerPosted on 8th June, 2017
Established for over 20 years we are an award winning custom installation company located in Leeds. Our team work locally and nationally on high end residential projects. As an organisation we are passionate about the AV industry making sure our business, staff and clients are up to date with the latest technology releases. We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, motivated individual to join our team as a Custom Install Engineer.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 2 year’s experience working within the AV / CI industry with a good working knowledge of residential AV including Home Cinema, Home Automation, Multi Room AV, Scene Lighting, Networking, CCTV and Access Control. Control4 experience beneficial but not essential, full dealer training will be provided.
Responsibilities: As a Custom Install Engineer you will be an integral part of the team delivering full turnkey projects to the highest of standards. Installing at first and second fix level in the constructing of cinema rooms, systems infrastructure and CCTV Security systems. Installing Control4 home automation and lighting systems. Rack building Site head end termination. Data and Telecom networks installation, integration, testing and commissioning Fault finding
Salary: Salary and package will be based on level of experience.
As an employee you will be given regular progress reviews and there will be opportunities to further your career to higher level within our organisation. Please email your CV and cover letter to Melanie Malcolm at Bespoke Home Cinemas email@example.com
Find out more...